Saturday, May 06, 2006

Why I love spy movies

I went to see Mission Impossible III last night, and as I was on the edge of my seat, watching Tom Cruise and his cute little honeys do dangerous stunts, the thought occurred to me. I love action movies. But why? My favorite parts are always when they are doing something dangerous. And not only that, but I love to watch the hero or heroine. I am enamored with everything they do, down to the way they dress and do their hair, and ofcourse speak every language perfectly; although, I must say, that Tom Cruise's Italian accent sucked. Not believable, sorry. Anyways, I figured out that I love them because I am such a fear-driven person. I am afraid of just about everything. When I was a kid, it was dracula. Then, when I was sixteen, it was driving--all those driver's ed films made me petrified. Needless to say, I let my brother drive me everywhere until he left home and I was forced to get a license at 18. Yes, you heard right, 18. I discovered that I have fear in my life in many ways, and that we all do. Emotional fear is also huge in my life. Does everyone love me? What if I do something to make someone not love me? Spies don't care about that either. They are completely alone and self-sufficient. Strong and assured. Calm, cool, and collected. Everything we all want to be. So, sitting in the theatre, this was a nice revelation for me. Not that I want to swing from any tall buildings or jump from any helicopters; I am still content to let Tom do that. But, I am motivated to conquer fear of all kinds in my life. After all, a wise Book says that Perfect love hath no fear. I am still not sure what that means, but I think I get a little closer every day, and that is all any of us can ever ask for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seth Ward said...

Hey probably has the worst itallian accent of all times. but hey, no titsploitation on this movie. and btw, MI2 is re-he-he-he-he-tardadalicous. actually I guess there were a few good scenes in that one. I like the beginning. I just hate all that crappy slow-motion and matrix rip-off action sequences.

I love your blog. you funny girl.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Seth Ward said...

hey, I just took you and joey's comments off. A little too personal since the viewing audience doesn't need to be clued into personal issues. i have your comment which was VERY beautiful if you want a copy of it.

loves ya

9:46 PM  
Blogger Seth Ward said...

Dangit!! are you ever going to post again. you are going to loose that audience of yours ya know. you already have a small following.

1:18 PM  
Blogger operamom said...

My art must come from within, (says in dramatic voice with many hand gestures), I must have time to mull these beautiful thoughts over...oh, and there is that house to clean, and my two small children. Not all of us are free-lance blog masters. Thanx for caring though.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home